Tuesday, June 24, 2014

School's out for summer! (Oh crap)

Today is the official end of the school year for the girls. Seriously I don't know why they even had to go today. I mean really, a Tuesday and it's a half-day. If the school God's loved us school would be year-round.

Apparently the kids bribe better than the adults. Because here is what I get to look forward to for the next 70 days. That is SEVENTY days and nights of
70 days I will hear: why can't I get a pool?

70 nights I will hear: can I have a sleep over?

70 days I will hear: I'm bored (at the 71st time I reserve the right to go into the bedroom with a Hefty bag to get rid of all the toys that are boring)

70 nights I will hear: but it's too light out to go to bed

70 days I will hear: why do you have to go to work

70 nights I will hear: please just one more ice cream

70 days I will hear: I don't like sunscreen

70 nights I will hear: My burn hurts

70 days I will hear: the ocean cleans me

70 nights I will hear: can I take a longer bath

And on the 71st day they will hear me exclaim: TIME FOR SCHOOL!!!

How do you plan on spending your summer vacation?





3 comments:

  1. do your kids watch Phineas and Ferb on Disney? the theme song says something like....there's a hundred and four days of summer vacation.... my kids only have 67 days of vacay, we are officially down to less than six weeks left of summer vacation, so i am slowly plotting a move to Danville where evere that is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ocean cleans me - love that! I don't hear I'm bored anymore - my kids could laugh around all day. That's what they are doing today, until I make them do something productive. But really, they have plenty of days when they are busy, so I don't mind the occasional lazy day. I can catch up on my blog reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll just be paying my babysitter and tutors more money. Sigh. We are going to the beach this week for Tucker's birthday though! Wish we could meet up...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!