Saturday, June 21, 2014

Thank you

While I have so much to be thankful for this week, I am only going to focus on one person who made a difference in Boo's life.


Each and every person who works with Boo becomes a part of our family. I am not sure if it happens with other parents, I hope so. Because you are all so important to a child's success. This is a special thank you to Emily (or Emmy as Boo calls you) who had to say goodbye this week. She is leaving us for a great new adventure and we wish her nothing but happiness. 

Emily you will be missed. You have been an integral part of our "family". Boo's gains is due to your being a part of her team. Your patience. Your kindness. Your firmness. And yes, your snuggles. Boo (and we) love you "Emmy".  We will never forget what you have done for us. 

We consider Boo lucky to be part of a team of teachers and therapists who work together to make her the best. I know your co-therapists will miss you as much as I will. Workshops won't be the same. Heck, Fridays won't be the same. 

You have helped us navigate feeding issues, potty training, stairs and Boo finding her voice. She has flourished under your care. I have seen you correct her with love. I have seen you stop when she wants just one more hug. You held me up after that field trip of tears. I have witnessed your patience (more than I could ever hope to have). I have been lucky to have you collaborate with others who work with Boo. You have allayed my fears and offered guidance. You do every task with attention and caring. 

Thank you from the bottom of our souls for giving Boo your best. 



2 comments:

  1. school personnel changes from year to year for us, but the people who remain constant are the ladies at pediatric pt and ot. those guys are our own personal cheerleaders who we see more than we see most of our family. and one of the greatest things about them, they always have a positive thing to share out patty, always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thank you note for Emmy and hope that Boo finds someone next year equally as kind and giving to her now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!