Thursday, August 28, 2014

TBT JUMP!

It's Thursday so it's a throw-back day. This post was originally published on 19-APR-2013 as part of the 5-minute series. Where you are given a word and just write, unedited, for five minutes straight.



The prompt: JUMP


Ready, set, go

Dear the Fellow that I fired, remember when you told me that Boo would never walk, talk, know us. She was six-months old. You told her father and I that she had a brain disorder which meant her brain pattern was 'too slow'. 

I went home and cried. Then I call your boss. You know the head of Neurology. Who told me you had no right, no freaking right to tell me that my daughter might do or not do anything. She has an unknown genetic disorder NEVER SEEN before. That very rarely do you take MRI's of 6-month old brains. Exactly what would he have compared to Boo too? 

So he told me you were off our case. We got transferred to another Fellow. An awesome doctor who believes in our daughter.

Four years later, after 9 months of therapy Boo jumped. Yes, you freaking jerk, my daughter not only laughs, signs and talks, knows her sister, her father, myself and HER FRIENDS. My daughter also walks and loves her puppy!

Boo not only loving but kissing her puppy!

And this week not only did she jump, she jumped over a line.

What you took for granted in your knowledge of all things is that you knew nothing of my daughter's strength, joy, heart and determination. You did not know that she has a circle of people who make her more than you ever gave her credit for.

Boo jumped. And I hate that for a minute you made me think she wouldn't.

Damn you, you made me doubt my daughter. Just once, at 6m of age. After I talked to your boss, I never did again.

Boo jumped.

END

Darn it I am out of time! I had so much more to say on this subject. Obviously I have some unresolved anger at that Fellow. But I am also thankful for the Fellow his boss assigned Boo's care, who is now an MD. This wonderful doctor who saw the potential in Boo and never told me to give up!


3 comments:

  1. Ok, I totally smiled seeing Boo with her puppy and seriously what a jerk that doctor was. Glad you got him off her case and sounds like you found a a wonderful doctor to thankfully take over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that felt soooo good to write! Very cathartic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, until I had the prompt I never realized how angry I still was. It was crazy how writing this made me feel.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!